Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daddy Day (week)

So Father's Day was a little longer this year. I have been wanting to get DJ golf clubs for awhile now and have been researching, searching, reading, looking......for golf clubs! I ended up finding him a awesome set of irons, wedges, and a couple of top of the line drivers from this guy off of good ole CL. Instead of me (a woman) going and meeting up with a stranger from Craiglist to buy these clubs I sent DJ. So in the end my "golf club surprise/fathers day present" came about a week earlier than expected. So not only did DJ golf the day after he got the clubs, his second fathers day present was a tee time with him, his dad and his uncle on fathers day weekend. THEN...oh yes there is more...we went to the track on Sunday (the actual Fathers Day) as a family. WOW, that's a lot of presents don't you think? He is an awesome Dad and totally deserved it all!

We had a lot of fun at the track but it was also a little hard bringing Maya. She is walking now and that is all she wanted to do. It was so crowed that it made me a little nervous so we ended up only staying for a few races. But we did stay long enough for Maya to get up close and personal with a horse. One of the jockey's brought out one of the horses for all the kids to see. I thought she was going to get scared and cry but she reacted the total opposite. She screamed with excitement and reached out to touch the horse. I didn't get a picture but I'm sure we'll be back.


Here is a picture of Daddy and Maya at the track,

Soon after I took this picture we headed home due to those ugly looking Seattle clouds in the background! Also, did you notice that DJ and Maya are matching? I put Maya in a polo shirt so that her and her Daddy would match. Ha!

**I have to add too, that when we got back from the track I had a major allergy attack. Anyways, I took some meds and went to bed early while DJ surprised me and cleaned and detailed my car. Not only is he an awesome Dad but he takes good care of me too! Love you baby, Happy Daddy Day!

No comments: