Friday, May 8, 2009

The last 2 weeks in 1 long post

Its been two weeks since Kat came into town and I am just now posting! Why you ask? The week after Kat and Chris left, our house came down with some sort of stomach bug. It started with DJ, then went to Maya then it ended with me. On top of Maya getting the stomach bug she is also fighting off an ear infection. Poor baby!!! So anyways, here is an update of our last two weeks....
Friday April 24th...Kat and Chris arrived in Seattle! WOO HOO!

Saturday April 25th....Me, DJ and Maya went and picked Kat and Chris up at Shirrae's house and took them down to the city for a little sight seeing. On the drive down there DJ was the best of the best tour guide. It went something like "Over there is where my Grandma and Grandpa live....(further down the road).....to the right is a sketchy part of town where a lot of crack heads and hookers hang out, I wouldn't go over there if I were you....oh and there is the University of Washington." Ha! Here's a few pics of the morning,


Little Miss Piggy on the Piggy

The view from the Pike Place Grill that we had lunch at


We headed home after a morning at the market to get ready for Shawn and Michelle's wedding. Maya went down for a nap, like a good girl, and all of us were able to get dressed up for the big wedding. We took Maya to Auntie Tay Tay's house so she could hang out there for a few hours until Uncle Michael and Preston could come by to pick her up. She then spent the night with her Auntie, Uncle and Pres. While we were.....




After the wedding Kat needed to put her feet up since they were larger than life itself. So we headed back to our house and chatted and hung out just like old times.

Sunday April 25th...The SHOWER!!!

Lets just say Sunday I was a total mad woman all morning trying to get things perfect for Kats shower. I feel really bad for Joss, DJ and Cami because they are the three that got to see the crazy side of me when I plan parties (BTW I get this lovely characteristic from my mother). Anyways the shower was beautiful and I think everyone had a good time. All and all it was so fun to just have everyone back together again. Here are the highlights.....

All of us girls together again



After the shower all of the guys came back to join up with their ladies and we had dinner and played games. It was a very full weekend but a ton of fun. I think I am still recovering.

Much love to Kat, Chris and Baby Michael!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!! Thank you so much for everything!! I love you to death!