Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vancouver

DJ and Grandma

My Dad and Maya after she warmed up a little to him

The boys in the park

Maya and Grandma Charlotte

Maya, Kaylyn and Nay Nay

We had a wonderful time down in Vancouver a few weekends ago. Me, DJ and Maya headed out after work on Friday night and had a really nice drive down there. We hit a little traffic on the way but not too bad. We stopped and gave Maya dinner and then our sweet angel slept the rest of the way down. Saturday we all woke up and headed to Starbucks. Our family took up most of the place! Then we went and visited Grandma then went to James restaurant to have lunch. Maya took an awesome morning nap which lasted until the afternoon so Autie Tay Tay stayed with her while we went to lunch. When we got back Nay Nay laid down and Maya woke up so I watched the girls while everyone else went to the park. It was a beautiful day to play outside. I didnt mind staying back though cause I got to have a good chat with my Aunt Gail and catch up since last summer when we were there. All of us then headed over to Grandma's for some Corn Chowder and home videos. DJ got to see me as a kid and I think we both agreed that is where Maya gets her "Ham-iness" from. I was quite the entertainer! When we got back from Grandma's we started up a poker game and Britt kicked all the guys butts!

Sunday morning we woke up and DJ cooked another awesome breakfast for everyone. After breakfast we said our goodbyes and headed back home. The whole weekend was so great and we had such a good time. Its so hard not being able to see this side of the family more often.

Maya was a little freaked out with my Dad, I think its his big face ..... just kidding! She actually ended up warming up to him towards the end of the weekend, but Maya loved my Grandma Charlotte. It was like she knew that she was her Great Grandma. She lunged to her to be held. It warmed my heart and I hope that Maya and her will have a close relationship for many years to come.
Here are some pictures that Carol took...they're awesome :
The whole family at Starbucks
Maya, Pappa and Nay Nay....Maya didnt want to say goodbye to Pappa
Pappa and Maya
Daddy and Maya ~ this is my FAVORITE picture!
Grandma, me and Maya before we left
Nay Nay, Pappa and Preston
Auntie Tay Tay with the babies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh bless her little heart, she really did not want to say goodbye to pappa. Looks like you all had a great time!! Cant wait to see you!