Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Maya Moment

Maya is definitely a Seattle girl! The other night I was carrying her up from the car and it was pouring down rain. I was trying to protect her from it but she kept squirming to get away from me. Since we were almost to the house and I need to get my keys out to open the door I freed one of my hands and stopped sheltering her from the rain. She instantly looked up in the sky and stuck out her tongue. All she wanted was to taste the rain. She had the biggest smile on her face. I thought it was a miserable, nasty, rainy day and Seattle and my little girl reminded me that any day with her is good. She makes me stop and realize the small things that bring me joy in this world. That is one of the many things I love about her.

She is also in LOVE with the show Hi-5! Have you ever heard of it? She is a girl after her Daddy's heart because all he watches is National Geographic and the History Channel and Hi-5 is on.....Discovery Kids! Ha! They are two peas in a pod I tell ya! Of course.....we captured the moment for all of you to enjoy as well.

Maya watching Hi-5

My two peas..in a pod! (look at Maya letting her gut just hang..ha!)

No comments: