Monday, November 24, 2008

Ravioli Perfection

Maya helping with dinner

She loved playing with the spatula and being with Mom and Dad in the kitchen

Happy Girl!

Later she cuddled with me on my chest. She hasn't done that for so long it made me miss the newborn days.

Here is the end result. DJ and I were so excited to eat that we dug into it and then I was like "Oh crap I forgot to take a picture...now its not going to look pretty!" ~ oh well you get the gist of it right? Knowing how it taste just looking at this picture make my mouth water!

Last week DJ and I decided it would be fun to make a new recipe from scratch on our Family day on Sundays. He and I have always dreamed of owning our own restaurant so we thought we might as well get started on the menu. Each week we are going to make a recipe from scratch, eat it, then I will share with you whether or not its worth the time to make it and give you the recipe.

This week we tackled Mushroom Ravioli. DJ had this dish at Maggiano's an Italian restaurant here in Seattle and he fell in love with it! So I found the recipe online and we made and amazing meal. We started by making our own pasta dough and then made the insides to the ravioli and the cream sauce that goes over it all. DJ did a lot of the work since I was feeling a little under the weather. It was by far one of the best meals we have ever made together. Both of us were so happy with the outcome. If you have time to try and make this dish I totally recommend it!

No comments: