Friday, February 26, 2010

Family Weekend!

Last weekend was one of those weekends that you come away from and wish you could do it all over again. We had such an awesome time together as a family and truly enjoyed every moment of the weekend together. Saturday morning we woke up and had breakfast and Maya and Daddy colored a little while we planned out our day. We decided we needed to get Maya stocked up with clothes and shoes since all of a sudden she doesnt fit into anything. We headed off to Target and stocked her up! Dad also picked out a bubble wand to use at the park later. After that DJ had his first Molbacks experience. We went and looked around and picked out a plant to bring to my Aunt who just had a friend lose his battle with Cancer. Maya fell asleep on our way to drop off the plant which was (I hate to admit) sort of nice because DJ and I got a chance to chat and drive on a beautiful sunny day!

After Maya's nap we headed to the park. We brought the bubble wand, fed the ducks and played on the playground. We had SO much fun being together. Feeding the ducks is always a little terrifying for me (I hate birds!) , so I sat back and let DJ and Maya have all the fun. Ha! While we were feeding the birds, across the lake I could see these 2 giant geese coming towards us. They were moving at rapid speeds! I said to DJ, "dont they look muntent, they are SO huge" Well, turns out they were not only big but mean too. They swam up and walked right up to us. They started hissing and squacking at us. Maya, who doesnt share my fear of the feathered friends, said "Mama I hug" and tried to hug the hissing geese. Needless to say, we grabbed Maya and ran.


After my traumatizing experience we headed to the playground to have some fun. DJ helped Maya up the structure and after she went down the slide turned to him and said "Come on Daddy" so DJ went down the slide too. He and Maya went down the slide quit a few times! Ha! He only came away with a few bruises but I think it was worth it.


Enough typing here are the pics from our day........


So cute, what an awesome start to the weekend!
By far the cutest recent picture of Maya....doesnt she look like a big girl!

Daddy+Maya= non stop fun!

Chasing Bubbles


My brave girl feeding the birds

I think DJ's face tells the story of this day...pure joy!

Watch out Maya they're getting closer. It was about at this time when I started backing away! Ha!

Action shot of Maya going down the slide.

Maya talked Dada into going down the slide too! What a good sport!

No comments: