Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Second Baby

Our first meeing

The beautiful sound of our baby's heart beat

About a week ago I experienced a miscarriage. I have debated whether or not to post something but I don’t want that little life to go unremembered. That baby was and is a part of Our Journey.

Our second child graced us with its presence for seven short weeks. Our little one was there with me when I took my awful finals last quarter and he/she moved around to let me know I was not alone. That night was cold and raining and I didn’t want to be there, but the second I felt that flutter in my tummy I was ok.

DJ and I fell in love with the thought of our family growing and dreamt of the day when Maya would meet her sibling. Don’t get me wrong we were scared and overwhelmed with the news but planning and dreaming at the same time. We just couldn't believe that in a short amount of time our family of three would be a family of four. We were so excited.

Even though it was a short amount of time, I bonded with that little one and I know in my heart that I will hold my baby one day. Maybe not in 9 months like we had originally hoped. But one day I will meet that little one that I saw wiggling around in my belly during the ultrasound and that is when the hole in my heart that I feel right now will finally be filled.

Thank you for all your love and support throughout this time. I know many women go through this, but for those of you who know me know that I am a very sentimental and a VERY sensitive person, so this entire process was especially hard for me.

No comments: